Are you renovating your home? Are you a contractor renovating someone's home? Are you a builder or supplier with overstocked items? We will gladly accept gently-used or new materials for resale. Convenient pickup service is available for larger donations, and all donations are tax-deductible. Call 540.579.4508 or email Restore@loudounhabitat.org to learn more or schedule a pickup. See our policy below to determine whether you have usable or unusable items to donate.
ReStore Donation Policy
The ReStore cannot accept every donation. Although we are grateful for each donation we receive there are some limitations to what we can re-sell. Below are list of items we can accept, those we are unable to accept and those that we are temporarily not accepting.
The Loudoun County Habitat ReStore will accept the following items:
- Appliances: electric only, including washers, dryers, refrigerators, ovens, range hoods, range tops, and microwave ovens. Due to low demand Loudoun Habitat does not accept used dishwashers.
Currently we are not accepting any single or double oven inserts due to a large number in inventory (see below).
- Architectural items: Columns, mantels, antique windows, porch posts, molding & plinth blocks
- Cabinets & Countertops: cabinets must have all doors and drawers and outer facings must be in good condition. Countertops must be in good condition with minimal chips or damage.
- Electrical: Wire, plugs, plates, and hardware associated with electrical wiring.
- Fans: Must be working and have all parts
- Flooring materials: Carpet and padding must be new. Sheet vinyl flooring in usable lengths. Vinyl and ceramic tile, undamaged. Wood flooring must be free from rot and in usable quantities (25 sq. ft. or more).
- Furniture: Tables, bed frames, desks, chairs and other furniture items. Only high-quality saleable upholstered items please. Items should be in usable condition, but may be accepted with cosmetic damage if they can be painted or refinished. No baby furniture.
- Hardware: For doors, cabinets, etc., in usable, working condition, free from rust.
- Insulation: New only
- Lighting:Fluorescent and incandescent. Good to excellent condition complete fixtures in working order.
- Lumber: Framing/Trim/Pressure Treated; Plywood - full, 1/2 sheets of plywood. Milled lumber and trim- 4" lengths of greater of, free of rot and insects. Siding - full lengths, free of rot and insects
bricks or pavers -whole, intact and in good condition (currently not
- Paint/wall coverings: Latex paint or stain 1 gal/5 gal only, new, full, and unopened. NO lead-based paint. Full, unopened rolls of wall coverings
- Plumbing Fixtures and Hardware: Sinks, all types, no rust or cracks. Porcelain must be in good condition without chips or permanent stains. Bathtubs- new or used in clean, non-stained, or chipped condition. Clawfoot bathtubs accepted. Fiberglass bathtubs/stalls with small cracks or holes accepted. Only 1.6 gal flush commodes accepted (state law). Must be clean and in good working condition. Plumbing hardware- pipe-PVC/Metal/Copper
- Roofing Materials/Gutters: Shingles. Rolls of roofing material, minimum ½ roll. New roofing and gutter materials in full pieces with no rust or damage.
- Tools: Hand or power tools in any working condition
- Vents: floor, ceiling, return
- Vinyl Siding, accessories: Full length pieces only
- Windows/screens: Dual pane only. All windows must be inspected before acceptance. Must be in good condition, glass intact. Wooden windows must be free from rot. Must be in complete units. Window blinds Must be new in boxes
Currently overstocked and not accepting:
- Builder grade polished brass light fixtures
- Used cultured marble bathroom vantity tops. Vanity tops must have cabinet with it
- Stainless steel sinks unless they are new or in like new condition
- Wall ovens
- Interior or exterior doors, unless newer or unique
- Commercial fluorescent lights
- Gas appliances
- Sofas, unless in like new condition
The ReStore will NOT accept:
- Computer CRT Monitors - we will accept flat panel if working
- Copy machines
- Typewriters or old electronic items
- Televisions (TVs).
- Window blinds
- Broken or unframed glass
- Broken mirrors
- Clothes, linens, baby items, toys
- Dishwashers (used)
- Partially used cans of paint
- Paint thinner or other hazardous or toxic chemicals
- Any lead-based paint items
- Pesticides (liquid or powder)
- Refrigerators, ovens, stoves that do not fully work
- Window Sashes (unless antique, 6-panel)
- Used carpet
- Sports/exercise equipment
- Old upholstered items - couches, chairs, unless they are unique and clean
- Baby furniture
The ReStore has the right to refuse any donation for any reason.
The store management may make exceptions to this list as needed.