Home Repair Program
Loudoun Habitat for Humanity's Home Repair Program covers tasks such as: exterior painting and material repairs, landscaping, building or repairing ramps or sheds, building or repairing a porch or deck, gutter repair and cleaning, sidewalk repair, external cleanup, weatherization, and critical home repair.
Partners are selected based on three criteria:
1. They show a need for our services and currently own their home.
2. They meet the income criteria (Homeowners who earn between 20% & 60% of the area median income can apply) and have proven the ability to repay the material costs (Repayment amount for repairs is scaled based on income and minimum down payment of $50 for any project.)
3. They show a willingness to partner with Loudoun Habitat for Humanity through volunteer labor. (Accommodations will be made for individuals with physical limitations.)
LHFH Home Repairs Program: How to Apply
· 1: Complete the inquiry form below. Homeowners must submit an inquiry in order to receive an application at the time when funding is available.
· 2: Complete the application within 2 – 3 weeks after receiving notification from LHFH that funding is available. Applications will be sent with this notification.
· 3: Cooperate with LHFH through the application review process and project scope home visit.
· 4: Receive decision by LHFH. Homeowners may be presented with an estimate for proposed services or sent a denial of the application.
· 5: Sign an agreement with LHFH which includes the proposed scope of work and repayment schedule for the home repair project.
2017 Income Guidelines
|Household Size||Minimum Income||Maximum Income
*May be lower depending upon funding source
Minimum & Maximum gross income limits are based on 20%-60% of Area Median Family Income (AMI) as set by HUD for the Washington DC Metropolitan Area FY2017. *Maximum income amount is dependent upon federal funding sources for individual homes and may be lower than 60% AMI.
Home repair applicants are required to pay a small portion of project cost (materials and certain administrative project costs). Repayment amount will be determined by the following sliding scale based upon income level with a minimum payment of $50 on any project.
20%-40% of the Area Median Income Homeowner will pay 5% of project cost (Min. $50)
41%-50% of Area Median Income Homeowner will pay 10% of project cost (Min. $50)
51%-60% of the Area Median Income Homeowner will pay 15% of project cost (Min. $50)
*Refer to household incomes above*
Submit an Inquiry:
Complete the form below to be added to the inquiry list. PLEASE NOTE: Completing the form below does not guarantee an immediate response and does not guarantee acceptance into the program.
Questions that require an answer are marked with an *.